All Seasons lawn mix is a blend of our most popular native lawn varieties. The Griffin Weeping grass, Oxley Wallaby grass and the Redgrass are all renowned for their low maintenance requirements as well as their all season growth. This mix of cool and warm season grasses makes for one of the most adapted lawns to Australia’s extreme climates. With its high drought and heat tolerance for those scorching summers to its high frost tolerance for those icy winter mornings.
GRASSES IN THE MIX
- This variety was developed by the University of New England specifically to only grow to around 15cm tall.
- Griffin Weeping grass which is incredibly shade tolerant. It can grow in direct sunlight and/or little to no direct sunlight.
- It has high drought tolerance, medium salt tolerance, high frost tolerance.
- This grass also grows on a range of soils but prefers soils with a pH level of slightly acidic.
- It survives well in harsh dryland conditions where less hardy grasses usually fail.
- Redgrass grows on a variety of soil types but is best on heavy clay.
- It prefers slightly acid to neutral pH soils, but can tolerate moderate alkalinity.
- It will germinate only under warm conditions, that is with air temperatures consistently above 250C.
- Our Oxley Wallaby grass has been bred to only grow to around 15cm tall.
- Wallaby is one of the most resilient native grasses.
- It has high drought & heat tolerance, as well as a high frost tolerance.
- Wallaby can grow on most soil types from sandy soils with varying levels of clay.
- Wallaby grass is also tolerant to soils that are alkaline to highly acidic.